No animals are harmed in the making of this classic bread. 4 bananas, however, are brutally murdered and sacrificed.
Preheat: 350 deg F
Need: small mixing bowl, large mixing bowl, measuring cups & spoons, fork, whisk, rubber spatula, loaf pan (8.5″ x 4.5″ x 2.5″)
1 cup turbinado sugar
1/3 cup vegan butter, softened
2 large flax eggs*
3 medium mashed organic bananas (the riper, the better!)
1/3 cup water
1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Oil or cooking spray to grease pan
- Preheat oven and grease bottom of loaf pan
- Mix sugar and butter. Stir in eggs just until blended.
- Add bananas and water and beat for 30 seconds
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened
- Pour into pan and bake 60 minutes. Test doneness with toothpick – if center comes out clean, we golden.
- Keep in pan or cool 5 minutes, loosen loaf and remove onto plate.